Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Starting Over

Funny how technology serves and enslaves us at the same time.

Since blogging is now de rigueur for editors and media types, I started my own a while back (www.southstreet-nh.blogspot.com) but it quickly became a place for me to share my personal ramblings and ruminations, family photos and stuff like that with friends. Now that it's assumed that a journalist will have one of these public journals, I've been getting lots of folks asking where's mine. But anyone visiting my southstreet site might wonder, "What's with all this personal stuff?"

Funny how technology can make a medium increasingly public and private at the same time.

The high-minded folks who invented television never envisioned Jerry Springer. I never thought that anyone outside my family would want to read my blog. I don't mind if they do. There's nothing there I'd be ashamed of there other than errors in punctuation and spelling. But to create a more "seemly" portal into my point of view as editor and general New Hampshire gadabout, and to have a good answer when people ask me, "What's your blog?", I've created this one, whimsically titled Granite Gumbo.

You see, I live in N.H. but my roots are in Cajun Louisiana. But that's as personal as I'm going to get...

...for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home